Do project tweets matter?January 7, 2014
After first year of LearningLayers.eu project (oct 2012-mid sept 2013) i have analyzed what way the project disseminated itself in twitter. It must be noted we never had a strategy, but it has been a self-regulated approach among project members who are actively using twitter.
The main findings:
- We do not have really a commonly understood twitter dissemination strategy
- We reach out only to ourselves and to workmates using project tag and few other institutional tags
- We do not really know, which other hashtags to use besides our project one and nobody uses systematically thematic tags, rather some event tags
- We talk of what we published but we don’t explicitly say what is brilliant or main point in these papers
- we talk where we meet, and what are more notable presentations enabling access to talks
- Sharing relevant documents that project members have found has few re-tweets among ourselves (do these documents matter enough, whats the point behind the paper?)
- in general the tweets around public documents or events (conferences) get relatively many re-tweets, it could be a chance sharing our ideas by adding some context about the project to the re-tweet of the document – up to now sharing documents has not helped noticing LearningLayers and been re-tweeted
- LearningLayers twitter account tweets are seldom re-tweeted even among ourselves – it seems they are just pushing information to project website twitter feed?